The demand for better coverage of Wi-Fi is increasing day after day. The outdated routers do not have the capacity and capability to cover the larger premises. In such a case, installing a Netgear wireless extender is the best option. The Netgear wireless router brings better coverage and strength to the Wi-Fi signals. After completing the Netgear wireless booster setup, you can easily enjoy the internet without any hassles. You can use the default web address www.mywifiext.net to access the Netgear wireless extender login page. If you are looking for step by step instructions for Netgear wireless extender setup to remove the dead zones of your home or office, you can go through this blog.
How to setup Netgear wireless booster ?
Netgear wireless booster is an effective way to improve signal strength and range. Here are the complete steps for the Netgear wireless booster setup process:
- Plug in your Netgear wireless booster and wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- Now, go to your computer and click on the wireless tab at the taskbar.
- You need to click on the Netgear.ext and connect to it.
- In this step, you need to open a web browser and enter mywifiext.net. Press ‘Enter’ key.
- Click on the ‘New Extender Setup’
- You need to provide details like the email address, password and security question for the recovery of Netgear extender.
- It will further display a list of available wireless networks which are within range. You can click on the network that you want to extend.
- A pop-up will appear, you need to enter the passphrase.
- If your router supports dual-band then you need to select two networks and then click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Now, you will be asked to change the wireless settings of your Netgear wireless router.
- Click on the ‘save’ option after making the changes with your extender.
- Now, you can connect your devices with the Netgear extender network.
- Once you are done with the steps of Netgear wireless extender setup, you can click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Common issues with Netgear wireless booster setup
There are certain issues that you might face while setting up Netgear wireless extender, you can go through these troubleshooting tips to fix the issues.
- If the Netgear wireless router is not connecting to the router, you can try to place your extender near to your router and try reconnecting it.
- If the Netgear extender is still not connecting then it might have been connected to some other network. You can turn off other network devices to minimize network congestion.
- If mywifiext.net is not working, you can try to access the Netgear wireless extender login page by using the ip address 192.168.1.1.
- If nothing is working, you can reset your Netgear wireless extender.
These were some of the steps that you need to follow for Netgear wireless extender setup and to expand the network coverage. If you are still confused about how to setup Netgear wireless booster, you can take more details from our technical experts by getting in touch with them.