Linksys range extender is used to extend the Wi-Fi range of the current router. With the Linksys range extender setup, it has become easy to access the Wi-Fi without any issue. Setting up the Linksys extender is quite easy and simple process. It doesn’t require any additional software to set up the device. Just visit the extender.linksys.com and follow the online instructions. Once you setup Linksys extender, there is no need to roam around in search of wireless signals. In this article, we will explain the process of the Linksys extender setup. Have a look at the below instructions.
How to set up a Linksys wireless extender ?
Linksys extender can be set up either automatically via a configuration CD or manually. If you don’t have any CD then you can go for the manual configuration. Before you start the Linksys range extender setup process, follow the below given steps:
- Place the extender at the right place and connect the antennas.
- Plug in the range extender in a wall outlet.
- Turn on the device and provide the power supply to it.
- Now, go to your PC and see available networks.
- Connect to the “Linksys extender setup” network. Now, the setup process will start automatically.
- If it doesn’t start automatically, you need to start the process manually.
Setup Linksys extender via Web-based Utility Method:
- Connect the Linksys range extender to your PC or laptop either by using wired or wireless connection.
- Now, open a web browser on the device and enter the default IP or web address in the address bar of the browser.
- The local web address of Linksys wireless extender is http://extender.linksys.com. And the default login IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- Now, you have to log in to the extender’s configuration page.
- For Linksys extender login, enter the username and password on the Linksys login admin page.
- You can see the default username and password for your extender in the device’s user manual.
- Once you click “Login”, you will reach the extender’s configuration page.
- Here you can configure or customize various advanced settings and features as per your requirement.
- If you face any issue regarding Linksys range extender setup or want to know how to use Linksys setup wizard to manage settings and features, you can contact us at our toll-free no.
How to update firmware of the Linksys extender ?
- Visit the Linksys official website and download the latest firmware.
- Save this file on the computer that you will use for the Linksys extender setup.
- Now, connect the range extender to your computer directly with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web-browser and browse to the http://extender.linksys.com.
- Enter the username and password of the Linksys extender. Click ‘Login’ to access the configuration page of the extender.
- On the web-based setup page, select the ‘Administration’ option.
- Click the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Now, click ‘Choose file’ and select the file that you have saved on the computer.
- Click ‘Browse’ and then click ‘Start Update’.
- Click ‘Finish’ once the update is completed.
This was all about the Linksys range extender setup process. For further assistance, contact our technical experts. You can call us at our toll-free no. or do a live chat via an online chat window.